Nominees may be eligible in one the following 3 categories:
- Cadet Corps Alumni—Any individual who participated one or more years in the Army ROTC program who was under the authority of the Professor of Military Science hosted at the University of Texas at Arlington or any of the former schools of what is now the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA). Individuals may be nominated for their outstanding accomplishments in a military or civilian career.
- Honorary—Any individual who, although not a participant in the Cadet Corps, served as a member of the staff of the Military Science Department, staff and faculty of any university or college whose cadets fall/fell under the authority of the Professor of Military Science (PMS) at the University of Texas at Arlington, or any of the former schools that are part of the University’s lineage, or special friends of the Cadet Corps. Any individual nominated in this category must have demonstrated through his/her service a special dedication or significant contribution to the Cadet Corps. Nominations in this category are limited and controlled by the Cadet Corps Alumni Council.
- Service—This category is reserved to recognize those individual who did not participate in the Cadet Corps and do not meet the criteria for the Honorary category, but who attended and received a degree, undergraduate or graduate, from the University of Texas at Arlington, or any of the former schools of what is now the University of Texas at Arlington. Such individuals must have served in a branch of the US armed forces and achieved a noteworthy accomplishment in his military and/or civilian career. Nominations in this category will only be considered in very exceptional cases and will be controlled and limited by the Corps of Cadets Alumni Council.
Former names of the University of Texas at Arlington:
- Arlington College (1895)
- Carlisle Military Academy (1902)
- Arlington Training School (1913)
- Arlington Military Academy (1916)
- Grubbs Vocational College (1917)
- North Texas Agricultural College (NTAC) (1923)
- Arlington State College (1949)
- University of Texas at Arlington (1965)
Universities and Colleges whose ROTC Cadets fall/ or have fallen under the Authority of the PMS at UTA:
- University of North Texas
- Texas Women's University
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Southern Methodist University
- University of Dallas
- Dallas Baptist University
- Texas A&M Commerce
- Tarrant County Community College
- Collin College
The Hall of Honor Nomination Committee is composed of:
- The President of the Cadet Corps Alumni Chapter
- The Vice President-Hall of Honor of the CCAC
- The past Vice President-Hall of Honor of the CCAC
- The past President of the CCAC
- The current Professor of Military Science at UTA
- At least one Cadet Corps Alumni Hall of Honor recipient if not one of the above listed individuals.